Language Learning Experience Manager
The Language Learning Experience Manager (LLEM) will design and drive interactive, learner-centric experiences. Our ideal candidate will bring a keen understanding of adult second language acquisition, along with a track record of designing and delivering engaging learning experiences. This is a pivotal role that will help Global LT “modernize” language learning by leveraging social, mobile, and video learning platforms.
The LLEM will collaborate with our content development, product, operations, marketing, and sales teams, and partner with external suppliers to drive meaningful behavior change and positive results for the organization. Our ideal LLEM will be creative and have strong knowledge of technology-enhanced language learning to assist in producing blended learning solutions.
- Design innovative language learning experiences which produce the outcomes our business, clients, learners, and trainers seek.
- Conducts and analyzes needs assessments with clients to determine and prioritize appropriate learning objectives and training approaches to meet the organizational needs.
- Leverage principles of task-based language teaching and learner-centered design to drive language learning solutions.
- Design new content by leveraging a repository of existing resources and working with key subject matter experts to produce appropriate language learning solutions and instructor training programs.
- Able to aid in the development and creation of design documents, course content, lesson plans, audio/visual aids, test criteria, handouts, learning aids, and evaluation and measurement tools for all assigned programs.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of language learning solutions and training programs by analyzing learner feedback, ensuring content meets the needs of the learners and the organization.
- Identify and escalate project dependencies and time constraints as needed to complete projects within the anticipated timeframe.
- Review and approved language learning lessons and materials submitted by network of content developers and instructional designers.
- Gather and analyze feedback on Global LT products and services from focus groups and advisory boards.
- Support the effort in training and development of Global LT’s talent pool on task-based pedagogy and technology-enhanced language learning solutions.
- Utilize expertise in learning technology applications and practices to produce dynamic and engaging e-learning, online education, and blended learning environments.
- Partner closely with the product team to coordinate on content development needs and exploration of new and/or enhanced language learning solutions.
- Keep abreast of current task-based pedagogy, best practices for second language acquisition, and leading innovative approaches.
Skills You Will Need Here:
- Master’s degree in Instructional Design, Second Language Acquisition, Linguistics or another relevant degree.
- Five years of more of related teaching experience, including at least two years utilizing a blended learning approach.
- Exceptional written and oral communication and interpersonal skills for collaboration with customers, vendors, and co-workers.
- Demonstrated ability to work in diverse, cross-cultural settings.
- Strong planning, organization, critical and strategic thinking, and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledgeable about learning platforms and operations.
- Creativity, persistence, integrity, curiosity, and the will to succeed.
- Possesses an understanding of language learning and how technology is best utilized within.
- Knowledge of both CEFR and ACTFL’s proficiency levels.
- Medical Insurance offered through Blue Cross Blue Shield or Blue Care Network
- Dental Insurance offered through Principle
- Vision Care Insurance offered through VSP
- Life Insurance company paid portion
- Short and Long Term Disability company paid
- Generous Paid time off (PTO)
- Flexible Schedule
- Paid Holidays beginning your first day
- Medical Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (DCFSA)
- 401K Savings program, with company match based on your contribution up to 4% after 1 year of service
Interested candidates are invited to submit a cover letter along with a resume to: